[Reunion] Let's confirm

J THOMPSON downlink at q.com
Thu Jan 13 19:00:16 EST 2011

It is truly amazing how quickly information can spread in this computer age.  I apologize to those of you who get this message twice.  That's because I'm sending this to two lists...the reunion website list and my email family group.  I have some of you in my email group who haven't signed up on the reunion mailing list yet.  Kudos to my brother Scott (he goes by Duane) for setting up the reunion website so quickly.  It gets better every day.

Barb -  You are doing a great job on planning accomodations and activities. I'm pretty sure you will need to block off many more than 10 rooms at the Lamplighter Inn, which I think would be the perfect place to hold a gathering. Their charge for a meeting room is very inexpensive for 8 hours of use.

I left a message at the college art department to see if they knew of any local caracature artists.  I never got a reply.  It's not looking good.  The national referral services are way too expensive ($140+ per hour), and they would have to travel from Overland Park, Lawrence or Wichita.  Could someone in Pittsburg follow up on that for me.

So far, I have five of the cutest baby pictures to print on the name tags.  I have decided on the final design after the third revision on which the names and pictures are larger.

As soon as each person confirms that they are attending, I will enter their names in the door prize drawing program on my notebook computer, which I hope will plug right into the Lamplighter's A/V system for projection to a large screen.  I have some ideas for some hilarious door prizes.

Does anyone think that karaoke would be fun?  I sing like a frog being strangled by a disappointed maiden after the kiss didn't work.

Always,
Joe